Thursday, April 17, 2014

My green thumb...or lack there of...




I have dreams and desires of a garden. Beautifully colored flowers in pinks, purples, yellows and reds. A vegetable garden with plump red tomatoes, yummy cucumbers, plentiful herbs...



It is, at this point, still just a dream. If it is not one of my children, I apparently can not keep it alive. Yet every year, I keep trying.

And then I hear Yoda's voice in my mind, "do or do not, there is no try".



Luckily for me, my husband has a green thumb. He is just gone. A lot. So I have to pick up the slack while he is gone. Which hasn't happened yet.



Saturday morning, Ben and two of my boys headed out to Home Depot. We grabbed dirt, seeds and plants.



So far, I have managed to keep my flowers alive. A whole 4.5 days! It is so exciting. Maybe this will be my year?

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com