Saturday, February 27, 2010

LUAU!

(He was very proud of his work!Although he wondered why he was getting his picture taken!)

(Don't those look yummy?! They were!)

(vegi trays)

(Putting kabobs together)

A long time ago, we decided to only have friend birthday parties every other year. When it is their family party, we keep it nice and simple. We had two big bashes this month. It left me EXHAUSTED! I think that is why we only do them every other year!

My son Connor turned 8 and decided to celebrate with a luau! I had the idea to do Hawaiian pizza's but he wanted to grill. His favorite? "Chicken on a stick". So kabobs it was!

This was the menu for the party:
Kabobs
hot dogs (since kids can be so picky about food (:)
chips/dip
orange slices
vegi trays
apples and toffee dip
bacon &ranch pasta salad
potato salad
deviled eggs
cake
ice cream

It was all very yummy and now we get to enjoy the leftovers!

For kabobs we had steak and chicken, with purple onions and peppers. We also had some that were just meat.

Toffee dip (sooo yummy!)
1 8 oz. brick of cream cheese,softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg of Heath/Skor chips

Mix well and enjoy!

Bacon & Ranch pasta Salad ( I used to just buy the Betty Crocker/Kraft kind but now I just make my own!)

1 box of large shell pasta
1 packet ranch dip mix
mayo to taste
bacon bits ( I use about 3/4 pkg) Of course you can also cook your own bacon and then cut it up
shredded carrots
frozen peas

Eat right away or serve cold.

What are your favorite recipes to serve at parties? Do you like to keep it easy or go all out?

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com