Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Life changes



Life has changed so much since February! Being military, we received our orders and just like that...life got busy. Really busy.

We are busy in our every day life as is, but throw in a move and life just got out of control. Packing up one house, house hunting for another, finishing school up with the kids, a funeral and then the actual packing, moving, cleaning...Need I say more?

Although we still have plenty to do to get settled, life has calmed. That calm has come with plenty of changes.


We are now homeowners.



We are now on a (modified) year round school schedule.

My kids schools & our church is much closer.


We now have a dog.

My grocery budget is still the same, although spread out differently, due to paying a mortgage.

Life is indeed different.

But my life, my interests & my goals have not changed. In fact, I have a renewed sense of wanting to save money! No longer are we able to just call housing if something breaks.



Ben & I have spent many a morning at Lowes or Home Depot picking out appliances, counter tops, paint...none of that is free or cheap.

Saving money and living on a budget will always be a part of our lives. Now, besides the normal, we have pet food and house "stuff".

Hopefully you will stick around as I rebuild my stockpile, feed & care for our new dog, updating our home, and everything in between!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Home ownership definitely has its ups and downs. I'm excited for you guys! This will be a great adventure. I'll save dog food coupons for you (we buy Rory's food at Costco) :)

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com