Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday lunch bag


One of the things that I try to do is to make lunches fun. And there is nothing like the holidays to make it that way! It is somewhat hard to add things to my kid's lunches because they are not allowed to have toys, cards (like Pokemon)and candy! They can have treats, teachers just prefer no candy.

I like to make their holiday lunches, in the color scheme of that holiday. For Halloween ( I forgot to take pictures) they had orange and black. Their lunch consisted of...

mac & cheese (which I placed a spider ring on top!)
purple grapes
oreos
carrot sticks
grape juice/orange juice
cheetos

(I am sure their teeth were AWFUL after eating cheetos & oreo's! Poor teachers!)

For Christmas I did red & green!

sandwich cut into a tree shape
green bag of Pringles (sour cream & onion)
fruit cup with strawberries
red and green Fruit by the Foot
the bakery had these fun tree cookies. They were $1.24 for 6 cookies. I sent one for the kids and one to share with a friend!

It really is easy to make their lunches fun with very little effort. I am looking forward to a red and pink, heart filled lunch bag come Valentines Day!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com