Sunday, January 31, 2010

Whole Lotta Love

All right, I have a confession. I am a hopeless romantic. Hopeless. I have loved romance and romantic comedies for so long. I always tell my kids that the best part of any movie is the kissy part! Valentines Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the idea of having a day to just let people know how much you love them. I ecspecially enjoy giving my kids all the hugs and kisses I want and they don't complain...too much.

When my sister got married, her family in law, introduced her to their tradition at Valentines. She has talked about it a lot, and I decided that I wanted to do it this year. Yes, I stole their idea. But her Mother in Law emailed me that it had been going on for over 25 years now!

Anyway, they celebrate the 14 days of love. A little token of love every day until Valentines Day. So I thought it would be fun to post what I have/will be doing.

Day 1 (today) was a fun note tucked in my kids lunchboxes. Letting them know what I was doing and sharing with them one thing that I love about them. I have a card for my sweetheart but haven't had a chance to surprise him with it. I want it to be found, not handed to him, know what I mean?

Day 2 will be some red Peeps candy that spell I love U and a coupon for one free getting out of walking the dog once. I know they will appreciate that!

So stay tuned, there is a lot of lovin' going on around here!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm glad you're stealing the idea and that Laurel approves! LOL.

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com