Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Finding a balance


It's been a long time. I don't have an excuse. Just the normal...life, kids, the holidays, church obligations, wardroom (the people Ben works with) obligations...etc. etc.

My life is a little beyond control right now.

Right now I am trying to exercise, lose weight, keep a home running, keep my children alive and well, be a wife, and find some time to myself in there somewhere. So far, I am not managing well!

My kitchen counters are covered with dirty dishes. So this morning, someone had left the lid off of my cookie jar and...it fell and shattered. ): Then my boys got in trouble on the bus, and so I had to go talk to the bus driver. As I was walking back, Ivan wanted to "race." After maybe 5 or 6 steps, pain shot through the back of my left leg. I am now limping as I can't even walk. Get the boys in the car and get to the gate and...my military ID is in Ben's car...clear across island. He is (still) not answering his phone and so he doesn't know what is going on.

And today, like a ton of bricks, I realized I don't have balance. I focus on one thing (right now it's exercise) and let everything else go. Obviously I can't do that. So it's time to realign priorities. I know I can do it! I just need to set some goals. This post is too long already though so I will share them at a later time! (: Until then...

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com