Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oops

It's been a long time since I blogged! I hadn't realized because life has been a touch crazy around here.

There is a LOT going on. Big changes. Big, HUGE changes.



 My husband is leaving for deployment next week. 6 months on my own. So.not.ready!! You would think I would get used to this but I haven't. Since he joined 10 years ago, he has been gone quite a bit. From being gone for a month all the way up to 8.5 months. And what is sad, is that a lot of people have it worse off than me!

Because one big change isn't enough, we decided to throw in another! (:

I am nervous & excited. So here it is, the big news... As of next week, I will be HOMESCHOOLING two of my children!! What the heck! Me a homeschooler? I know, I know. I have always said I couldn't handle it and now I find myself being pulled in this direction.


I have actually been thinking/talking/praying about homeschooling for around 2 years now. I have talked myself in and out of it a lot! But there are a lot of reasons, why I have been feeling now is the right time.

The two kids who are starting this year are Harmony & Connor. We have found a charter school, Bridges, that offers a home school/independent study program. We are given a teacher who helps me set up a curriculum, helps me with lesson plans and basically is just there to help me. Two days a week, they will attend "enrichment classes". They are problem solving, music, language arts, pe, yoga & Connor's favorite: LEGO'S!! Yes there is a Lego class! They are also allowed to go on all field trips, participate in science fairs and anything else that they have going on at the school.



Ethan "hero worships" his current teacher. It is also his last year at the school. Because of that, we have decided to leave him where he is. Ivan was another concern because of his therapies & IEP through his current school. But they can give him the exact same services there. However, changing his routine & schedule is not easy on him. So we have also decided to leave him where he is. Next year, Ethan & Ivan will join us at home.

Am I crazy? Probably. But you know what? I know it is right for our family right now. Maybe it won't always be. Or maybe it will. Only time will tell. We meet with the teacher tomorrow to figure out our curriculum!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Go Aunt Marie. Persuade my mom, will you?

Your favorite sister said...

I will see what I can do Heather (: But this will make it a lot easier for Harmony to come visit you!

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com