Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday (late, obviously)


I had planned to post yesterday but got sidetracked...it was our first day of homeschool! We had a great day but I know that I need to get more organized (in my home & school work) if I am going to survive!


homeschoolers work rrrreally hard! lol

I have started a homeschool blog, to help me keep track of what we have been doing, and so if you would like to check it out, you can find it here

Ok, lets get going...

The weather today: it was grey, rainy and cool all day! The perfect weather to curl up with a quilt & a good book.

On my reading pile: The women's group at my church are starting a book club. So I am reading the first book, which is The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.

On my tv: freeing up some space on my dvr, by watching Castle

On the menu this week: I really haven't planned anything. Just flying by the seat of my pants...not my favorite way to do things!

On my to do list: Seriously, what isn't?! My to do list is taller than I am!

What I am creating: nothing :( I hope once we are settled into a routine that I can do a bit more scrapbooking. It has been a loooong time!

In homeschooling: We are only on our 2nd day! But we started a unit study on Flight. We are also learning about famous black Americans for history. My daughter is reading about Harriet Tubman, and my son is learning about the Tuskegee Airmen, this also helps with the flight unit!

Looking around the house: books are everywhere! I love that homeschooling involves so much reading! I see a Capital Mystery book, dictionary, Benjamin Franklin A-Z, my daughter's favorite series of books, pencils, scissors...

From my camera: saying goodbye to my hubby :(



Something fun to share: While helping my 7 yr old with his homework, he said to me, "Mom, did you know that the 50's were in all black and white?" I laughed so hard I cried!

On my prayer list: friends & family, my husband & other military serving overseas and for their families at home

Devotional or scripture: With starting homeschool, my children are on my mind more than ever. So right now, "Children are an heritage of the Lord" Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com