Wednesday, March 19, 2008

microwave tip

I am bad when it comes to cleaning out my microwave. Maybe because once the door is closed, it is like the mess magically disappears...hmmm? Well, last Saturday while we were at the ball, the kids and their babysitter made popcorn.I am not sure how long they put it in for, but I CAN tell you, that it was too long. Because our house smells like burnt popcorn. Still. So I read tips on how to get my microwave nice and clean again. The magic solution? Water and a little bit of lemon juice.

Fill a microwave safe bowl with water and a few drops of lemon juice. Put it in the microwave and then heat the water for 5 minutes. When it is done, all the nastiness is literally dripping off. So all I had to do was take paper towels and wipe it down. No more burnt popocorn smell. Wahoo!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at