Sunday, March 18, 2012

stockpile cooking

What do most couponers have? Besides an insane amount of paper clutter? Well that would be, a stockpile. No matter how big or small, there are some things that are pretty easy to get for pennies on the dollar.


When I found this recipe, and looked at the ingredients, I knew it would be good for couponers. Why? It uses chili (we are chili snobs and will only eat Nalleys) however, Hormel regularly puts out coupons for .50/2 and they are consistently on sale for $1. So we are looking at around .50 for that. Next, refridgerated biscuits. Another item that regularly is on sale and has coupons. Or there are always the store brand. Taco seasoning is another item that I consistently get for free.

**This recipe calls for ground beef but to save money, you could leave it out, no problem!**

This recipe was found in this magazine that I love and adore.

Here is the recipe:
Taco Biscuit Bake

1lb ground beef
2/3 cup water
1 envelope of taco seasoning
2 tubes (12 oz each) of refrigerated biscuits (*note, I used the Wal Mart Great Value brand of biscuits and they were only around 8 oz. So I ended up using 3 instead of 2 tubes. Mostly you just want to cover the bottom of your dish)
1 can chili (15 oz)
1 cup shredded cheese ( I never measure and just throw on what looks good. Is there ever a thing as too much cheese?!)

In a large skillet, cook ground beef. Drain and return to pan. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil and stir a couple of minutes longer.


While that is cooking, grease a 9x13 pan. Quarter your biscuits and place at the bottom.


Combine hamburger mixture with chili and cheese. Pour on top of biscuits.

Bake uncovered at 375* for 25-30 minutes

This was all that was left...My kids devoured it!

Sides could be a salad, corn, spanish rice...or all of them. You can also add sour ceam and green onions to the top of your casserole.

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com