Monday, June 7, 2010

You did WHAT?

(Ivan meeting Grandma after a long day of traveling!)

When people heard that I was flying from Guam to Washington, the first words out of people's mouths were, " are you insane?!". But I knew that although it would be hard, I could get through it. I have had trips where I was over prepared, and trips that I was under prepared...a trip through the O'Hare airport with a child who had a poopy diaper and I had no extra's comes to mind. Bless the nice lady in the bathroom who gave me one of her child's!

Anyway, this was my list for Mason (who is not yet 1):
lots of diapers
wipes
baby food/utensils/bottles
diaper rash cream
bibs (throw away kind)
diaper sacks
3 extra outfits (he ended up getting changed in every airport we were in)
burp cloths
blanket
toys
tylenol

My other kids had backpacks full of:
favorite snacks
gum
coloring books and new crayons/markers
empty notebook
stickers
magazines
etch a sketch
magna doodle
travel pillow
a chapter book
DS/games
sippy cup (for my 5 year old who has a tendancy to spill!)

I also brought something that saved me...a surge protector! At every airport I was able to charge up all of the video games and my lap top.

The kids did an amazing job on the plane. I am glad I don't have to do it again though!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are a rock star!

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com