Monday, October 24, 2011

Couponing to Spain...

In late January, or early Febuary, my sweet husband will be deploying...again.

 While I look forward to this deployment like I would a root canal, at least this time he will not be heading back to Afghanistan. This next deployment will have him headed to Rota, Spain.

Doesn't that sound nice? Well while I am looking forward to him being in a much safer location, it is a place that I would love to go and visit him. And because it is not a war zone, I can.

Since he will be gone over the summer, we figured that it would be much easier to find babysitters, if the kids weren't in school or on a structured schedule.

I really, really, REALLY want to go. My hubby said it is fine...as long as the cost does not go on the credit card. So what does that mean?


image taken from http://www.usmilitary.about.com/

That means I am couponing my way to Spain! Drawing inspiration from the site Couponing to Disney, I have a savings account that will have all of my refund & rebate checks, money gifts, and all my coupon savings.

Because I will not be taking my children with me, I only have to save enough for myself. I checked on flights and with all the tickets, tax and fees it will be around $1300. Plus food, a hotel, taxi, souveniers...well it starts to add up. So I am thinking right now my goal is to have $3000 in savings.



image taken from idbg.com



Of course that has to be saved by June. Yikes. It is about 8 months to save that money or $375 a month.

I have to get busy. What about you, are you using your coupon savings (or other kinds of savings) for anything fun?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good luck, I know you can do it! Have you ever tried being a user tester on UserTesting.com? My husband actually used this company to test out the website for his business. Anyway, you get $10 for about 15 to 20 minutes of work. I haven't tried working for them myself, but I'm thinking about it! Might be worth a try.

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com