Saturday, October 22, 2011

spooky reads


At 7:30 every night, my two youngest boys get in my bed, with a stack of bedtime stories. We snuggle up and read & laugh.

While there are many stories that I can recite by heart, they still love story time. And as long as I can get those snuggles, I am all for it.

Over holidays, or special times of the year, I like to have special stories set aside. These actually get put away with the decorations so that they are like new every year. I also do that with movies.



So while some are favorites are MIA (missing in action) I am sure a search of my kids rooms would help me find them!

However here are some of our favorites...

** Of cours at the top of the list... It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
** 10 Timid Ghosts
** I'm not scared
** although not necessarily a Halloween book, any Scooby Doo book can work
** I Spy Halloween images
** for older kids, "gross" books also work (:

Chapter books that are spooky for older kids...
1. Harry Potter & the Sorcers Stone (witches, wizards, trolls on Halloween...)
2. R. L. Stine books
3. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
4. Dracula
5. Frankenstein
I am sure there are plenty more I just can't think of them right now!

So what about you? Are you reading any spooky books to your kids?

1 comment:

heidigoseek said...

we like reading "the witches" by roald dahl. it's a great one to read aloud and it's fun to do the witches voices (:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com