Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School

Today was the day! My kids headed back today. I had zero reservations about my decision. It made life easier.

I spent yesterday prepping their gear, pulling out lunch bags and blowing off the dust, labeling, labeling and labeling. Oh Sharpies, we have a love/hate relationship.

After going walking with a friend, I came home and made muffins before waking up my kiddos.

Of course they were all dressed by 6:01 and than ran around like wild monkeys until it was time to go.



The two older kids are walking to school this year. Sniff, sniff. While it saves me time, I can't believe how old they are. Oh my babies. Now in 8th and 6th.




*8th grade * 13 years old*
*6th grade*11 years old*

Ben and I walked a very excited 2nd and 5th grader down to their school. They both waited very patiently to walk in the gate. Poor Mason wanted to go and play on the playground wasn't allowed. He wasn't a happy camper. He also was not happy to say goodbye to his best friend, Connor.

*5th grade*10 years old*

Then it was time to say goodbye to our 2nd grader. He was very happy to see friends from last year.

*2nd grade* 7 years old*

After saying our last goodbyes, Ben and I walked Mason down to Marie Callenders for a yummy breakfast...which he ate very little of. Oh well. All in all, it was a good start to the new school year!



*not old enough for school, but a cute 3 year old waiting for his pancakes*



 

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com