Sunday, September 2, 2012

HindSight...

We all know that hind sight is 20/20 right?

 Well a little less than a month ago, was the day I found out that my stores would no longer be doubling coupons.



I decided to change things up and just stick with my military commissary for shopping, as they are cheaper than my stores. I shopped and had forgotten how cheap it was there. Win, win right? Ehhh, not so much.

Soooo...have you ever gone to a store/place that is inexpensive so you just.can't.help.yourself? Your cart just keeps filling with all those must haves? Like the dollar store. I always walk through the store saying, "oh I am going to grab __________ because it is only a dollar." Well 50 items at a dollar each is still $50, right?


This is me at the commissary. It is so cheap that I just throw everything in. I have found myself doing the, "I bought this just because I had a coupon for it."

Now comes the confession...I have spent more money at the commissary this past month  than I ever have. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.  I haven't even been going in with a list, just walking up and down the aisles getting whatever good deals I could find. Oh it has been bad. Sooo bad.



I have much more self control at my other stores because I KNOW that their non-sale prices usually suck. Big time. I focus only on the good deals.

Once again, it is time to revamp my strategy. Reign it in. Back on budget. Getting the best deals. Not just shopping to shop...

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com