Sunday, September 2, 2012

HindSight...

We all know that hind sight is 20/20 right?

 Well a little less than a month ago, was the day I found out that my stores would no longer be doubling coupons.



I decided to change things up and just stick with my military commissary for shopping, as they are cheaper than my stores. I shopped and had forgotten how cheap it was there. Win, win right? Ehhh, not so much.

Soooo...have you ever gone to a store/place that is inexpensive so you just.can't.help.yourself? Your cart just keeps filling with all those must haves? Like the dollar store. I always walk through the store saying, "oh I am going to grab __________ because it is only a dollar." Well 50 items at a dollar each is still $50, right?


This is me at the commissary. It is so cheap that I just throw everything in. I have found myself doing the, "I bought this just because I had a coupon for it."

Now comes the confession...I have spent more money at the commissary this past month  than I ever have. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.  I haven't even been going in with a list, just walking up and down the aisles getting whatever good deals I could find. Oh it has been bad. Sooo bad.



I have much more self control at my other stores because I KNOW that their non-sale prices usually suck. Big time. I focus only on the good deals.

Once again, it is time to revamp my strategy. Reign it in. Back on budget. Getting the best deals. Not just shopping to shop...

1 comment:

Cameron N said...

Hi nice reading youur blog

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com