Saturday, June 1, 2013

Drowning...



Over Memorial Day, our family headed to the beach. We packed snacks, buckets & shovels, towels, chairs and all the items needed for a day of sand & surf.

There was a time where being at the beach was 100% hands on. Our kids were little and had to be watched every second.



This time however, Ben & I sat in chairs and watched them play in the water, build sandcastles, lie on towels reading magazines. I was able to take pictures, look at a scrapbook magazine and sit and talk with Ben. Keeping a very "lazy eye" on my kids.


Ivan has no fear. Never has. He scares me. Sometimes I hold my breath just waiting to see what he will do.

 The Pacific Ocean is anything but warm, and yet he stayed in the whole 3 hours we were there.




The tide was coming in, and he would get swept up in the waves. He popped right up and did it again and again. He would scare me as he got knocked off his feet, repeatedly. I would  hold my breath as I waited for his head to pop up out of the water. I was sure that one good wipe out and he would be in the sand for the rest of the day.



But he showed me. He kept on smiling, laughing and playing. Followed by going back in. Never staying down. Never giving up.


For the past few weeks, I have felt like I am drowning. In basic day to day Mommy tasks, in keeping up with schedules, meals, church callings, in keeping up with my coupons, blogging. My life. Being a wife. Being me.


My lack of organization does not help in the slightest.



I have been tired. I have been stressed. I have been handling things as best as I can.



And yet I still feel like I have been knocked down and am having a problem getting up. And when I do, my smile is nowhere to be seen.


So, today I am going to take a cue from Ivan. To get back up when  I am knocked down. Not only to get back up, but to do it with a smile on my face.


No more letting life sweep me off my feet. Bring it on world.

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com