Sunday, July 25, 2010

secret...


I have a new calling at church! I am very excited but also a bit nervous. I have been called as an Enrichment leader for the Relief Society.

Last Sunday, my husband and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. Since we have been married I have always been in primary or the nursery organization. I am excited to do something new and know this will be a challenge for me.

When I started this blog, I do so because I am **learning** to be a better cook, organizer, cleaner, wife, Mom etc. I think somehow people thought it was because I was good at all these things. I am not but I want to be.

Homemaking is very important to me. I believe it is the highest calling for a woman. I realize that not everyone who reads this is LDS but I want to share a favorite scripture of mine. I actually have this on a 3x5 card, taped to my kitchen cabinet, as a reminder!

"Organize yourselves: prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God." Doctrine and Covenants 88:119

This is what I am trying to do. Thanks for coming on this journey with me! I look forward to doing more and learning more.

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com