Friday, July 30, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

The other day I was asked on Facebook, for the recipe I use for Chicken Tortilla Soup. I found this recipe on

It is very yummy and I love that I can just cook it in my crockpot! Sorry I don't have a picture, I took my camera to the zoo yesterday and it is MIA! Hoping I didn't leave it there! Anyway, here is the recipe. Let me know if you make it and what you think!

4 chicken breast halves
2 15oz cans of black beans, drained
2 15oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 cup med. salsa
1 4oz can of chopped green chilies
1 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce

Lay chicken pieces at the bottom of your crockpot. Add ingredients on top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Before serving, take the chicken out and either shred it or cut it into pieces.

Serve with tortilla chips& cheese. I also like a dollop of sour cream!

** I love using Reynolds crockpot liners. It makes clean up a total breeze!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks!! I am so excited to try it!!

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com