Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Monkeyin' Around









My baby turned one on Saturday! I can't believe how fast the time went. I swear it was the fastest year of my life!!

Being that he is only a year old, he had no idea that it was even his birthday. But you can't have a birthday without cake right?!

I had found this Taste of Home magazine and absolutely loved the fun ideas in it. But the cover is what really caught my attention! They looked so cute and were way easy!

Monkeys for my little monkey!

What you will need:
1 box of choc. cake
1 container of chocolate frosting
nilla wafers
nutter butters
black & red decorating gel
candies to use for the eyes (the magazine says to use pastel candy for the eyes but seeing as though it isn't near Easter, I just used regular M&M's) So I guess just pick what color of candy you want)

Bake and cook cupcakes according to directions on the package.

Frost, set some frosting aside to use as hair

cut a side off of one of the nilla wafers

put 2 black dots (close together!) for nostrils using the decorating gel

then make a mouth with the red gel

place on cupcake

place 2 candies for eyes and put a black dot with the gel as a pupil

cut the nutter butters in half. Scrape the pb off the cookie (eat it or toss it lol)

attatch a nutter butter to each side

using leftover frosting, pipe some hair on to the top

** I have a fun decorating gun by Wilton that I LOVE. That is what I used for the hair. But you can also put the frosting in a ziploc and cut a corner off. Or skip the hair altogether!**

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com