Friday, July 16, 2010

I LOVE COUPONS PART 2!!


(Ralphs)

(Ralphs)

(Vons trip)

(those yummy eclairs)

(Albertsons trip)

Oh, have I mentioned that I love coupons. Seriously, I forgot the high that comes from going to the check out and just watching your total drop! It is amazing!

Tuesdays are the last day for weekly sales ads at my stores. I don't know if that is the same for everyone else but...

That means I go to my coupon stores on Tuesday evenings. You will notice in these pictures a lack of bread, meat and produce. There is a good reason for this. I buy my bread at a bakery outlet, and meat and produce (except for rrrrreally good sales) at the commissary on Saturday mornings.

Anyway, my first stop was Ralphs. I am really starting to love that store. They don't place limits on how many like coupons you can use. My cashier was not very nice though. Normally I have great ones but whew! She sighed, she huffed, she noted many times how many coupons I used. Ugh. But my total before coupons and rewards card was $222.66. After- $92.71! My total savings was $129.95! Score. Plus I had a fun coupon to get rewards points when you spent a certain amount. So I earned a $5 coupon on my next purchase!

Next was Vons. I love Vons, except you can only use 2 like coupons per transaction. So I had to seperate them. But my cashier was FABULOUS! She told me that her husband had just been laid off and was using coupons to make ends meet. She was so nice. Anyway, I did have to buy formula there ($16.99) so it threw my totals off a little bit. Oh yeah...and some insanely yummy eclairs from the deli. My weakness (:
Total before coupons was 91.43. After rewards card and coupons $32.72! (Did I mention I had a $17 can of formula?!)

On to Albertsons. This cashier was nice but seemed really ready to be home! Before coupons my total was $97.08. After: $29.70. I saved $67.38! I did buy granola bars that were a GREAT price but that I didn't have coupons for. So that upped my total!

While there are lots of coupon queens who have much better totals, I am still trying to rebuild my stockpiles. Eventually I will get to a point where I don't "need" much. But I am proud of my totals! And the kids have been lovin' all the breakfast foods.

2 comments:

Matt and Tracy said...

Seriouly, HOW DO YOU DO THAT? I need a good coupon lesson.....that I can use when I move off this island, of course!

Jessica Manning said...

Okay, you amaze me! How do you get all your coupons? Do you just look through each store ad or do you actually clip manufacturer coupons and where do you get all of those? Do you base your grocery list on your coupons or your coupons cut on your grocery list? How often do you go shopping and what is your budget (if you have one)? I really want to save money like this!

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com