Friday, April 8, 2011

life lessons


For the past couple of days I have been watching the news.

It makes my stomach churn to watch what is going on.

Being a military wife, I have been hearing families talk about how they are going to survive on half of a paycheck. Most are living paycheck to pay check in the best of months. Now they are wondering how to pay their rent, get gas, food...It is sad knowing how little some of these families will be getting this next Friday.

Now more than ever, the effects of the economy are really hitting home.

I can't even begin to explain how grateful I am for my STOCKPILES. No matter what happens, I have plenty of food, cleaning supplies, health and beauty items to take care of my family. I havelearned to shop wiser and make my dollars stretch.Our family has been broke before. While my husband was in school, we had 3 kids under 3. All were in diapers, 2 on bottles. Broke doesn't even begin to describe those years. But we learned from those lessons.

 If you are not couponing, you need to be. You never know what is going to happen...an accident, a job loss, unexpected bills...or losing half your income while your husband is deployed.

I will be stepping up my game and will be posting more.

And because of all the negative feelings I want to have some fun! So I am giving away a copy of the book...

( I borrowed this image from Amazon)

"Pick another checkout lane Honey" written by the Krazy Coupon Ladies. (: If you are interested in winning this book, just leave a comment letting me know you want to be entered.

12 comments:

Jacqui B said...

Pick me Pick me. LOl... THank you Marie for all your hard earned info you offer to us.

heidigoseek said...

thanks for a great post. i definitely would love to win this!!

Book Loving Mommy said...

Oh, I just read this and want it sooo bad! I let my mom borrow it from me (which I borrowed from the library) but I want it to highlight and write notes in. It was so helpful. So, in other words....sign me up!!!!

cheryl p said...

I agree about the importance of planning ahead. I know it isn't always possible when money is short but it is so reassuring to know that I have at least a months worth of food on my shelf if I ever have an emergency. I like to stock up on a lot of bags of dried beans. They are cheap, easy to store, last a long time, and once cooked make HUGE amounts of nutritious food.
Thanks for the post.

Susan said...

Just another one of the reasons I love this "hobby" - I'm always prepared in case of an emergency. Between my food storage and my stockpiles of soap, toothpaste, bandaids, etc., I'm prepared for just about anything. As long as it doesn't last TOO long, of course :)

I'd love to win this book. Sounds like a good one!

MeganL said...

Hey Marie I'm just starting to learn more about couponing and I love your blog and would love to enter for the book. Thanks so much.
Megan Lewis

Laci said...

I DEFINITELY want to be entered for this book! I FINALLY started couponing this year, but I know I have a LOT to learn to be more effecient and effective!!! Thanks for the offer! :)

Beth said...

I would love to win this book!! And I am so glad you reminded everyone of the importance of being prepared. Life can throw all kind of crazy things at us!

Unknown said...

Pick me Pick me! I need something good to read! :-)

Unknown said...

Loving the NW Couponing Mamas group! Especially when they bring me to awesome giveaways like this ;)

Lisa said...

Please Pick Me.... Thanks for your updates and hard work..

Unknown said...

Pick me pick me! Love ya Marie and am excited to see you in a month! :-)

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com