Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter traditions

Ivan with the EB...and my shadow (:

Like Christmas, the true meaning of Easter often gets overlooked.

Filling those baskets & hunting for eggs seems to be a main priority for a lot of people.

I am not saying these are bad things. They aren't. We participate in quite a few of them.



I admit that it is really hard for me to not get caught up in it also.

But I really, really want to make sure that my kids know the true meaning of Easter.



Since my kids were little there has been one thing that has really helped our family keep our focus.

We celebrate the Easter bunny on the Saturday before. Then it is OVER. They get a basket filled with goodies and little toys. We don't talk about it. The EB is just not a priority.

Sunday morning, we go to church, eat a nice, big traditional dinner and talk about Christ and His resurrection.


However, we can all use good ideas for our kids baskets, right?

Besides candy, I like to put in inexpensive movies (or maybe something I just got a good deal on). Outdoor toys like balls, jump ropes, sidewalk chalk, bubbles...

I also like to look in the dollar section/ $1 stores for stickers, notepads, glow sticks (one of my kids favorite things!) playing cards, crazy straws, crayons, markers...



Things like lip gloss, hair things, fun socks and little items like that usually make it into my daughters basket.

So what about you, what do you do for Easter?

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com