Thursday, April 19, 2012

field trip survival

The weather here in So. Cal has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Not too hot, not to cold. Plenty of blue skies and breezes. So with weather like that, field trips are in full swing!



My son (my only child still in public school) had a field trip to the zoo. So I tagged along as a chaperone bringing my older two boys as well. As I was getting ready, I grabbed my bags of essentials and headed out the door. Although this might be a no-brainer to some, it took me a while to figure out. (: If I keep things already packed and ready, I don't have to run around like a mad woman trying to find everything I need. Our family goes on a lot of outtings and it takes a lot to get things ready. I save time by keeping the essentials packed and ready to go!



In one bag, I have my "keeping clean" items.

In this bag are tissues, toddler wipes, hand sanitizer, hair clips, chapstick, small tube of lotion etc. My daughter was not with me on this trip, but this is also where I keep our "girl things".

The next bag is more of a "keep us safe and healthy" bag: items like sunscreen (and lots of it!) bug spray, mini first aid kit (this tin has a few tylenol also) benadryl anti-itch stick.

Depending on which child/children I have with me, also helps determine what I bring. For instance I have a bag for Mason with diapers, wipes, and an extra outfit.

A few extras I like to carry with me: an empty trashbag, permanent marker, extra batteries, a few small snacks and water bottles...and a whole container of wet wipes!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com