Monday, November 14, 2011

MoNsTeR CoOkIeS

This picture makes him look all sweet & innocent. Trust me, looks can be deceiving!
Thursday afternoon, I was waiting in the car rider line for my boys, when here they come...the youngest in tears.

The tears it turns out were for a very good reason...he got in big trouble at school and was scared to tell me about it. So...after a long chat with his teacher, he was not the only one in tears. Mine were of course, in frustration!!

My son, Ivan, is on the Autism spectrum. We have some verrry good days, and we have some verrry bad days. We never know what to expect from day to day. Sounds like all kids huh? lol

we had lots of colorful m&m's
Well after dealing with all of this, I decided that the only way to make ourselves feel better, was to bake. (:

Ivan's favorite treat are  M&M's. I knew we had plenty of them, so that is what we decided on.

However, I decided to take it one step further and make some monster cookies for my little monster!


Of all the recipes I looked at, the Pioneer Woman's recipe was the winner. (No surprise there huh?) So this recipe is the one I found on her site.

Preatheat oven to 375*

2 sticks of butter (I was going to double this recipe but just couldn't handle the idea of 4 sticks of butter!)
1/2 cup white sugar
1.5 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 TBSP vanilla
Combine the first 3 ingredients into a mixing bowl. Cream together. Add one egg, and then incorporate completely before adding the next. Do the same with the next egg and add the vanilla.


In a seperate bowl combine
1.5 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1.5 cups of oats.

Combine wet & dry ingredients.

Then add...whatever you want (:
m&m's
choc. chips
pb chips
toffee bits
butterscotch chips
nuts (my kids don't like nuts in anything! boo!)

Once you have put your additions in, andd 2 1/4 cup of rice krispies. Don't mix too much at this point because you still want your rice krispies to be somewhat crunchy!

Bake until golden brown. In my oven (which I feel is a little on the cooler side) it was about 13 minutes.

I hope you make them & enjoy them with your little monster(s)!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com