Wednesday, November 30, 2011

$$ store bEnTo finds

ham sandwiches, carrots w/ ranch (in the yellow container) grapes cut in half
This year I have not been doing as well when it comes to creating fun lunches. ): I don't know why. Just lame I guess. lol Or maybe it is that my mornings are so crazy rushed? Yeah lets go with that one!!

My attempts have been kind of sad but I have tried to do something fun when a holiday comes up. Basically when an idea works itself out and I don't have to think about it.

One of my favorite parts of bento is all the cute little extras that go in. Picks, condiment containers etc.


not sure why this photo wouldn't turn

Since I am cheap, I like to look for fun things in the dollar section, or at the dollar store. While I was perusing the .99 store for Thanksgiving items, I was excited to find some fun little things for Christmas.

I grabbed 4 of these little containers. Because their sandwiches were on rolls, they fit in really well.

In the toy section, of The Dollar Tree, they had a little tic tac toe type of game, which had gingerbread and Santa (looking) picks to use. So instead of using them for the game...they were used as picks.



I also found a star sandwich cutter at the Dollar Tree. My kiddos love these (:

So have you found any fun bento items lately? Or things that can be used in lunches? I would love to know (:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I am just going to admit I am SO jealous that you were able to find all those cool things!!

kellybmomof3 said...

LOVE that you saw that game and thought to use them as pics. I'm going to check out our Dollar Tree now! Way to think out of the box!

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com