Friday, June 15, 2012

Herb Italian Cheese bread

Growing up, every Thanksgiving, I looked forward to eating my Moms yummy rolls.

When I got older, I asked my Mom about them and she looked at me quizzically. She had no idea what I was talking about. Then she laughed and said, "Oh those are Rhodes rolls!"



Since then, I have enjoyed Rhodes rolls many, many, many times. My husband decided that it was required to have warm rolls with butter after church every Sunday.

While visiting my Mom over Christmas, she used Rhodes to make some really yummy cheesy breadsticks.

The dough is so versatile...and fail proof! You have a money back guarantee if they don't turn out. But trust me, they will.

Rhodes has a great blog, full of yummy ideas posted from other bloggers. I found this one on there, and changed it up a little for what I had.



I poured between 1/4-1/2 cup of olive oil into the bottom of a bowl. I then added a variety of seasoings. I added Italian seasoning, garlic salt, basil, oregano and parsley.


Whisk it all together.
You want your dough to be thawed but not completely. Having it still cold helps when you cut the rolls into 4ths.


 Mix carefully to cover completely.




 Add in shredded cheese. I only had cheddar so that is what I used. Mix that in to coat.



. Place mixture in a baking dish. I poured all the extra oil on top. You then want to cover it with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray.





 Let rise until double in size, for an hour or so. My favorite way to do this is by turning my oven on and putting the rolls on top.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350*.... and devour!



No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com