Friday, June 22, 2012

We *heart* free



It never ceases to amaze me, how many things you can get for free. Truly.

I am not just talking about food & hba items. Nope. I am talking about:

Movie tickets, toys, games, books...even Legos.



Yep. Even my boys absolute favorite item in the world. Legos are not cheap. It is hard for me to shell out money for them when:

1.) They cost a lot.
2) My boys don't keep the models together and so we have Legos EVERYWHERE.
3.) They hurt like a son of a gun when you step on them. Trust me on this one.

However, they keep my boys happily entertained for hours. Which if you ask me, makes them *kind of*...worth it.



A friend of mine, knows how much I like free, and how much my boys like Legos. So she told me about the fun event going on at Toys R Us. Free Legos for the boys? Oh yeah, we were all over that one!



I called the store ahead of time to see if they were participating and they said yes. We got there about 20 minutes early and there was no line.

The boys had so much fun building their Lego Super Hero shields. They were also given Lego Batman posters and comic books, in honor of the new Batman game.



While the workshop was free, I knew it would take a miracle to get out of Toys R Us without buying anything. The boys were given a very small budget, so at least I didn't spend too much.



It was really fun and I can't wait to do more.

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com