Thursday, April 4, 2013

Double coupons, baby!

When I first moved to California, I was pretty much in heaven.

I had quite a few (and still do!) grocery stores to choose from, and 2 of them doubled coupons up to $1 every day, no limits.

It was so nice. Grocery shopping was so much fun and I was able to snag some amazing deals.

As couponing became more popular, my stores slowly started changing their policies.

The policy changes made it harder and harder to get deals. I worked hard to get what I could and then...double coupons were gone. Poof.



I am not going to lie, my couponing enthusiasm waned a bit. I would get frustrated knowing that items I would normally get for free, were now costing me money. Boo, hiss.


It has now been almost a year since I have been able to double coupons. On Tuesday I was going through my ads and....Albertson had 2 doublers in their ad!

Even though you can only use 2 per transaction, and it only doubles it up to a $1...Well I am still happy to do what I can. I may have to do 100 transactions but...I will do what I can.



I ended up bring Mason with me so I only did 2 transactions. Each transaction came out to be a 70% savings!



Here is what I got...
4 (2 Liters) of A&W
4 pkgs of Hillshire Farms sausage ($1.99 each minus a coupon good for .75/2)
2 pkgs of strawberries $1.50 each
4 pkgs of Eggo waffles ( on sale 2/$3) and I had coupons good for $1/2
4 cans of Chef Boyardee ( .68 each minus 2 coupons good for .55/2)
4 cans of Hunts tomatoes (.68 each minus 2 coupons good for .55/2)
6 boxes of Outshine Dreyers fruit bars ($2.49 each minus a coupon for $1 each)



Not bad huh? I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com