Saturday, May 28, 2011

budgets & my challenge




It's been six months.

Six lonely months :(

Six long months since my husband deployed to Afghanistan.

When a family member deploys, you get this wonderful little bonus in your check called "family seperation pay" and if you are lucky (?) you also get hazard duty pay. While I am not a fan of my husband being  in an area defined as "hazard duty" the bonus is nice.

So while I would rather have my husband than money...well it helps.

In about a month he will be returning home. I am so excited I could just cry...and believe me I have. But every time I talk to that cute Seabee of mine, he likes to remind me that that money won't be there anymore.

Now please don't get me wrong. It's not like we are going to be living off of $5 a month or something BUT it will be different.

And so the challenge begins...using coupons I can get a lot of things for free. I have a big stockpile. And so I really want to challenge myself. Really, really challenge.

I have a pretty good sized grocery budget. OK a big one. What can I say, I'm spoiled. Just don't tell my hubby I said that!!

Anyway....here it is....$60 a week. I was going to do $50 but most atm's only give 20's. I'm nothing if not practical. (:

So every Saturday I will be showing you what I got for the $60 AND what we ate and cooked etc. I will also let you know if I go over or under!!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com