Monday, May 9, 2011

Let me off!!


Let me off this cRaZy ride!! Life has been so busy at my house you wouldn't believe it!!

This past week, just had me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! My son's 10th birthday and his party, Mothers Day, Teacher Appreciation week, Military Spouse Appreciation Day, kids' testing, early morning band practices, appts, Lego League....Yeah. Doesn't that list make you want to cringe a little? Or a lot!! You know what the scary part is? This is not even all of it! Just makes me want to head back to my bed and go back to sleep!

The next few weeks are going to be busy for sure. What is it about the end of the school year, that every day has to be packed?!

I have a dry erase board on my fridge. Every day I write what we ate for dinner. Not what I PLANNED but what we ACTUALLY ate. (BTW: this is a really good way to start menu planning) Let me tell you, it was not an impressive list. *sigh*

Right now, when life is at it's craziest, I think it is more important to carve out that time for family dinners. Whether it is mac and cheese or beef wellington. (Why no, no we don't serve beef wellington in this house!)

Tonight our family is going to be sitting down for honey mustard chicken, rice, bisquits and strawberries.

For the rest of my weekly plan:
Tuesday: ham (cooked in the crock pot), jello salad, rolls,

Wednesday: beef enchiladas, corn bread,

Thursday: quick fix night because of Scouts, leftovers or pigs in a blanket & french fries, and fruit

Friday:pizza night

Saturday: spaghetti w/meatballs, french bread, salad

Sunday: soup & sandwiches

If you are interested in starting a menu plan or just want some more ideas, check out Org Junkie!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com