Friday, August 5, 2011

"I am not a crook!"

OK my daughter snuck off with one of my lip gloss tins (:



Not once, in my whole couponing life, have I ever had someone accuse me of stealing from their store, by using coupons and getting items for free. Ever. I know it happens but I have not experienced it. Until...

I was really excited to get the "magic" coupon from Pier 1 Imports. It was a coupon for $10 off a $10 (or more) purchase. Which means, inexpensive or free items, right?

The coupon stated one coupon per person, per store. Meaning you could use the coupon again, just at a different store. I have a Pier 1 down the street from my house, and my sister does also.

So while I was visiting with her one day, we went to Pier 1. She used a coupon and I used one.

As I was putting my items up, I announced to the cashier, that I would be using a coupon. This is when she interrupted me and said, " you must mean the magic coupon". I laughed and said yes. Well then, she started in on me how people were coming in and getting things for free. Accusing them of stealing from the store.

I tried to explain to her how coupons work, and I could see her soften a bit, but I could tell that she still wasn't happy with what she heard.

Using coupons does not make me a criminal, it makes me a smart shopper!

In the end I paid $6.43 for 2 large serving trays, 2 tins of lip gloss and 1 rocket pop mold. Not bad huh?

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com