Friday, August 12, 2011

Whew!!



This was supposed to be a nice relaxing week for me.

My daughter is gone at an overnight church camp. My boys were looking forward to logging lots of time in front of the Wii.

So I thought I would get sooo much done. Uhm, yeah. Not exactly.

Tuesday morning I woke up to a phone call from my Mom. Then I had a voicemail from her. An email. A facebook message...


My sister had to go in for an emergency surgery and so I needed to go pick up her son, and then see what I could do to help her.


(an image of LA's freeways which I found at this site

She only lives about an hour away BUT between my house and hers is this little city you might have heard of...Los Angeles. Or what I like to call the"pain in my rear end". Simple, "quick" trips turn into hours (literally)  of sitting in traffic. Doesn't that above picture just make you want to cry?! It does to me!

We left at 9:30ish and didn't return home until 4:00 or so. Looong day, and the majority was spent in the car.

my cute nephew hanging out


That night my 2 year old decided to get up every 4 hours. Ugh. Then later in the morning my daughter called from camp...not feeling well and needing some medicine.

This is the short version of my week.


I am feeling tired, unorganized and waaaaay behind in every area of my  life. This whole summer has just been so busy!!

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let y'all know I am alive and well. Tired but well!

I have so much planned and going on...including a fabulously fun giveaway!! So stay tuned!!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com