Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday (...or Tuesday...)

After a very looong weekend, I am a day late for Happy Homemaker MONDAY, so it will just have to be Tuesday instead (:


Weather in my neck of the woods: It is chilly in So. California lately! The Santa Ana winds are making it even more so!

Things that make me happy: snuggling up with my family watching Christmas movies.

Books I am reading: Mistletoe and Mayhem (I can't remember the author and am too lazy to go upstairs and check lol)

What's on my tv today: catching up on my DVR: Castle, Hawaii Five-O

On the Menu for dinner tonight: honey ham, rolls & mashed potatoes (comfort food!)

On my to do list:
laundry
dishes
organizing coupons

New recipe I tried or want to try soon:

In the craft basket: I am excited because I have been reorganizin and have a scrapbook area again. Hoping to get some major layouts done!

Looking forward to this week: annual breakfast with Santa and seeing my daughter march in a Christmas parade

Tips and tricks:

My favorite blog post for this week: I found this great blog, Organic Family, thanks to Pintrest. I love the idea of the Ransom box and have put it into action at our house!

Blog Hopping: I have this teensy tiny little addiction to Pintrest. Because of that I have found soooo many awesome blogs. It is so fun to be able to peruse and I have added so many new ones to my favorites.

No words needed (favorite picture yours or someone else's):

me with my son when he got "leopard of the month" at school (:

Lesson learned the past few days: Head lice suck. Head lice times 6 sucks even more. Yuck.

On my mind: Christmas, my hubby who is out on a field exercise, family

Devotionals, scriptures & key verses: A part of a talk that was given by a member of the First Presidency of the LDS church :

President Uchtdorf said that we, “like the Wise Men of old, should seek the Christ and lay before Him the most precious of gifts: a broken heart and a contrite spirit. We should offer Him our love. We should give Him our willingness to take upon ourselves His name and walk in the path of discipleship. We should promise to remember Him always, to emulate His example, and to go about doing good.”

While you are here, please come and enter my giveaway. You can find it here

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com