Friday, May 25, 2012

Doin' Double Duty

Life gets so cahrazy around this house.

Too many kids going in different directions.

I know you know what I am talking about, so I will not even talk about it anymore.

But, now that summer is upon us, I will have a bit more free time. It doesn't mean that I want to spend all that free time in the kitchen however.

To save some time, I like to do some "dinner double duty". Making a double batch of whatever I am making, and freezing one.



For example, I had one of those big pkgs of chicken thighs from Sams Club.

I got out 2 gallon sized bags, divided the chicken, added a marinade and some pineapple (these were both straight out of my stockpile). One bag went into the fridge to marinate for dinner. The other, was labeled and tossed into the freezer.



When you want to serve it, take it out of the freezer in the morning, place it in the fridge and let it thaw. At dinner time, you have some nice yummy chicken ready. Our favorite way to eat teriyaki chicken? Cut up into a stir fry!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com