Thursday, May 17, 2012

Easy Shmeazy

Over Easter, I purchased more than one ham, when they were at a rock bottom price. I hope everyone did!

I have been trying to clean out my freezers and this ham was taking up quite a bit of room.

Normally my favorite way to cook a ham is in the crock pot, with a can of oj concentrate, honey (or maple syrup) and brown sugar.



Let it cook low and slow all day and you have a nice sweet ham.

Well I didn't have any oj concentrate, and didn't want to go to the store for some, to my stockpile I went...and found this marmalade!


So this "recipe" was marmalade, with a little bit of water to thin it out some, skipped the honey and syrup, and added just a sprinkling of brown sugar.

It turned out sooo yummy! Using  the crock pot is so easy and all you really have to do is put the sides together. It is nice for summer also because it doesn't heat up the whole house! What are your favorite meals to cook in the crock pot?

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com