Thursday, December 2, 2010

Those dreaded D's



Over the summer, I shared this post about deployment and depression. While certainly not the most UPLIFTING post I have ever written, it is a necessary one.

My Seabee has now been gone for a month. Some days have been verrrry long, while the weeks have flown by. He has already missed so much and it amazes me at what all can happen in a month!

I was talking to a friend of mine, whose husband is in the same unit (NMCB3) with mine and it was funny how we both have been going through the same feelings.

The first week, I ran this house with a no nonsense attitude. It was my way or the highway.

The second week was full of tears, anger and frustration.

The third was hard but a routine was getting under way.

The fourth, brought preparations for Thanksgiving and sick kids.

I spent Thanksgiving week/weekend surrounded by loved ones. Yet at times felt very lonely. Half of my heart is in Afghanistan.

With Christmas coming up, I know this month will be another rough one. HOWEVER I am determined to make the best of it. Life is what we make it.

I just wanted you to know that I am still here. I appreciate all the sweet comments, prayers and love that we recieve. They are all felt and much appreciated!
*************************************************************************
If you are looking for a way for you or your family to perform some service this season, think of the military families who are home without their loved one. Maybe a plate of cookies, an offer to babysit for an hour or two, a shoulder to cry on or just lend an ear. Make sure to have tissues close by! Our soldiers need support but so do the hometown hero's. It doesn't have to cost a penny but can mean so much!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com