Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 * Just keep swimming*

Last night I did the math and I realized that the last time I stayed up until midnight was 1997. What can I say, I know how to party!!!

However, last night my kids insisted that they could stay up until midnight. I had planned to celebrate at 9:00 instead of midnight but they all promised that they could stay up.

By 8:30, the two youngest were out.

By 9:00 Ethan was out.

My husband and I plus Harmony and Connor were the only ones who made it. The only way I made it was that I sat and organized coupons. Otherwise I would have been out by 7:00!

Before everyone fell asleep, we filled out a "Year in Review" sheet and decided on a new family motto.  It was cute because everyone tried to guess one anothers answers on their review sheet. I was pretty impressed with how well my kids know each other!

After thinking of many different mottos, we came up with, "Just Keep Swimming".  So no matter what happens, our family is just going to keep on swimming. Doing the best that we can and just leaving the rest. Works for me!

Just for kicks, I thought I would share my answers:

Name: Marie
Age: 34
Favorite color: pink and blue
Favorite food: pizza
Favorite activity: couponing, reading, blogging, crafting
Favorite book: Harry Potter series. I can't pick just one of them :)

Highlights of 2012:
Greatest lesson learned---> That while people may do things I don't approve of, it is THEIR problem and not MINE. Just support them and move on. Let them find out for themselves.

Hardest thing of the year---> deployment...'nough said!

Saying goodbye




Favorite memory: meeting my husband at the airport after his return from deployment...on our 14th wedding anniversary



What I loved most about 2012: Spending time with family and friends, trying to enjoy the little things...learning, growing and moving on!

Looking forward to 2013

Want to learn---> not to be so hard on myself. I am my own worse critic
Want to get better at---> keeping my home clean and organized
Biggest goal---> to SAVE MORE MONEY and to track it so I know how much I saved!

So what are you looking forward to this new year? What were your highlights of the last year? Lessons learned? Feel free to answer the same questions on your blog or in the comments. I would love to hear!

I will be sharing the rest of my goals in a later post.

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com