Monday, March 4, 2013

Ivans baptism

In the LDS church, children are baptized when they are eight. This is such an important time in their lives.



When Ivan turned 8, I was so excited for him to be baptized. My 3 older kids were all baptized on Guam, so it was a different experience for us. No baptismal font outside, no pouring down rain...



The program started with each Mom being able to introduce their child and being able to talk about them for a bit. I being a total cry baby, was hardly able to get through it! Thank goodness for kleenex!

We watched as Ben was able to baptize Ivan. Once again---> more tears from me.

 
 
 


Afterward we were able to go into a different room and had Ivans individual program. Again, more tears!! I just couldn't help it!! I love this kid and his choice to be baptized.



In the evening, we invited friends over for an open house to celebrate Ivans baptism & that it is great to be 8.

What a wonderful weekend. My heart was so full I thought it just might burst. I love my family. I love my life.

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com