Tuesday, March 12, 2013

sweet treat

The last thing this family needs is more treats.

Thanks to my stockpile I have:
*cookies
*candy
*cake mixes
*brownie mixes
*frozen cookie doughs
Honestly, do I need to go on? Didn't think so. But some days I just want to tie on an apron and BAKE something!



The other day I was just in one of those moods and so this is what I came up with.

I found this recipe on Pinterest and changed it up just a little. I love making treats with cake mixes. They just make it a no-brainer. Easy, fast and delish!

Peanut Butter Cup cookie Bars
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 small box of vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1/4 cup of water
3/4 cup veg oil
chopped pb cups (I had some leftover reeses cups so I just chopped these up) to taste

Preheat oven to 350*.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended.
Add in chopped candy.
Fold in gently.
Spread into a greased 9x13 pan
*Recipes made with cake mixes are very thick, and are supposed to be that way*
Feel free to throw a few more pb cups on top if you'd like
Bake for 25-30 minutes



Enjoy with a glass of ice cold milk...Yum!

**Of course this is a good way to use up candy, but you can also use pb/milk chocolate chips. Or a different kind of candy...or a different kind of cake mix**

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com