Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Be Careful...




what you ask for!!




Since my oldest two boys were 5 & 6, they have been on trash duty at our house!




They started out just bringing it out after I removed the bag.




But now they do it all! From getting the bag out of the can, to getting the big can on the street!




We have had our ups and downs in the "training process" though. Bags ripped and trash falling out on the sidewalk, bags left right next to the can...it goes on.




One night, after taking the trash out, I asked my boys to "make sure you put a new bag in the can." The picture is what I found when I checked later!




I had to laugh but it did remind me that when we are training our children, they need to know what is expected!




Give directions so that they are clear. Then make sure to CHECK their work. That way if something isn't done correctly, you can lovingly help them fix it!

2 comments:

Jill said...

This is just too cute! LOL
Have a great night and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Blessings,Jill

Keli said...

aww!! That's funny!! Maybe I should start training my 5 YO to take out the trash.... :)

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com