Thursday, November 18, 2010

Book Review

**While I recieved this book for free, I am not being compensated financially for this review**
Being a military wife, I was very excited to be able to review the book
The American Patriot's Almanac by William J. Bennett and John T.E. Cribb


I have to be honest in saying that I have never looked at an almanac before this. So I don't know how they normally work.
The American Patriot's Almanac goes from month to month and shares some of the major events in our country's history. The format is easy to follow with 365 entries. You can read one a day, or just dive in! While at first it may look intimidating ( a hard back book with well over 500 pages) you can never judge a book by its cover right?!
While not a book that I would snuggle up with, I found this to be an interesting read. Lots of interesting stories and facts. Every day (or entry) you can read up on the stories that made our country what it is.
One of the parts that I really enjoyed about the book is the "American History Parade" at the end of each entry. Written in a bullet point format it gives you a quick look at dates and events.
From the Revolutionary War, to when Nascar started, there is something for everyone!
Ever since high school I have loved reading about American history. Thanks to the National Treasure movies, my kids also love history.
I am grateful to have had the chance to read and review this book.
If you have a history lover in your family ( I have a few!) this would make a great gift!
I also just have to say that I appreciate the dedication, " to the families of the American Ssoldier, families who, for love of country, have sacrificed in countless ways." It is dedicated to me (:
Thanks to Book Sneeze for the opportunity to review this book!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com