Sunday, July 22, 2012

chicken divan...kind of

Who doesn't love the yummy creaminess of Chicken Divan?

You have cream of ______ soups, (I have seen a variety of ones used), mayo, chicken and broccoli. It is just yummy stuff.

The other day I was trying to use up some items in my fridge and came across...leftover broccoli, and cubed ham.



Here is what I did...



Ham "divan" bake:

**empty a bag of  frozen steak fries or southwest hashbrowns into a 9x13 dish
**chop up ham into small cubes
**broccoli ( I had a lg freezer bag from Costco that was thawed out) and chopped it up into smaller pieces and put them on top
** then throw a couple of handfuls of cheese in, and mix it together ( I just use my hands)

In a small bowl, mix 1 can of cream of ___ soup ( I used cream of broccoli but you can use cream of chicken, cream of celery...) a soup can filled with milk and mayo to taste. You want it to be liquid-y.

Whisk it together and pour it on top.

Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and generously add cheese and then bake for another 20 minutes.



Totally yummy gooey goodness! I served it with rolls, fruit and tomato slices.

Oh and by the way...the kids DEVOURED it (:

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com