Tuesday, July 24, 2012

D.E.A.R.

Amazingly enough, it is almost the end of July!!

enjoying Tom Sawyer


This summer has flown by and I am just not sure what we have even done! I feel like we have played a lot of video games and watched a lot of tv.

Not very good. At all.

There is one thing that we have been doing that has been so nice. It is my favorite part of the day!

It is D.E.A.R!!



I am not sure where we first heard of this, but I know it was through a school.

Drop
Everything
And
Read

My kids always read at night before sleeping but during the day...they are more interested in their video games or the pool or...whatever.



For our D.E.A.R. time the older kids have to read for at least a half an hour. Of course they are always allowed to read more than that (: My youngest reader, couldn't sit still and read for half an hour if I paid him too. So he is required to pick out 5 books to read. He is at an akward age where he can read really well but still wants to stick with stories that have pictures instead of chapter books. He will get there, I know it. But for now he chooses 5 picture books and reads them to me.

I love having that quiet 30 minutes where the kids are feeding their brains!

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com