Friday, February 1, 2013

14 Days

I love February. It is one of my favorite months!

**3 of my favorite people were born in this month
** watching the movie Ground Hogs Day
** Valentines Day
**Presidents Day weekend

I know that not everyone loves Valentines Day. I know that I am a romantic. I know all that. But it is my favorite holiday. My daughter, Harmony tells me it is because I am married and that I wouldn't feel the same if I was single.But its not true! I love that there is a day set aside, just to show & tell people how much we love them.

A few years ago, I started doing the 14 Days of Love. It is a fun tradition and I love it. This is the first time my husband has been home for Valentines Day in 2 years! So I have been including him this year as well.

So here is what I did for Day 1, starting with my kids lunches:

A heart filled with heart shape fruit snacks

Heart shaped pb & j with a heart food pick
Graham cracker pretzels, red apples, pb

 



Their treat was a pudding and so the spoon was wrapped in a napkin & held together with that cute heart shaped clothes pin!

OK, here is the treat in their mail boxes

 
The 4 older kids already had their mailboxes, so I had to come up with something different for Ben & Mason








 





Bens Valentine
For the kids: You have the "WRITE" stuff with a pencil shaped notepad (Target $1 spot) with a Valentine stacker pencil (Target Valentines section 4/$1.50)






Mason isn't old enough to get the whole "write stuff" thing so he gets a notebook & markers..for my lil' pip squeak :)

I will try and let you know where I got all the items. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!


3 comments:

Susan said...

Where did you get those cute mailboxes? I've got small heart-shaped tins that are really cute, but hard to fill sometimes because of their size.

Your favorite sister said...

I got them at Michaels a couple of years ago. They have small ones in the $ spot at Target. They have bigger ones near the stationary, but they are $5 each. I didn't want to pay $25 just for the containers, know what I mean? Masons box came from the $ spot.

Susan said...

I bought the small ones at Target. They're perfect for what I had in mind. I actually decided to go a different direction with 14 Days of Love this year -- now, the kids are on the look out for members of the family doing acts of love. When they see something, they write it down and put the note in that person's mailbox. At the end of the day, we read all the notes out loud and each person gets one piece of candy. I'm enjoying the 14 Days of Love a whole lot more this year!

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com