Sunday, March 21, 2010
Potluck Sunday & a GIVEAWAY
One of my all time favorite place to go for recipes is Mommy's Kitche She recently started a fun blog carnival called Potluck Sunday. Who doesn't love a good pot luck? So I decided to participate!
So I know that Tater tot casserole is not new. But we made a little change to it last night and it was delish. I knew I had to share.
My husband has a theory that EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon. He has been testing this theory out and we have had some awesome results.
Last night I made a typical tater tot casserole using:
2 lbs. of lean ground beef, browned
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 bag of Tater tots
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Brown hamburger, draining grease
2. Mix hamburger with soups
3. Layer on the bottom of a greased pan
4. Layer your tater tots on top
5. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 55 min.
6. Take out of the oven and cover with cheese and either bacon bits (or bacon that you have cooked up and cut into small pieces)
7. Put back in te oven for 5 more minutes until the cheese is ooey gooey!
It turned out to be very yummy. My daughter DEVOURED 3 helpings and told me she was too full for dessert! (: All of my kids enjoyed this...even my most picky.
Now my husband is just waiting for bacon flavored ice cream!
** If you are new here, I am having a GIVEAWAY! Please feel free to enter here
Want to contact me?
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org