Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WFMW-car kit


(the inside)



Works for Me Wednesday is over at Rocks in My Dryer for the next two weeks. So if you want to go and get some great tips, head over there!

From reading my blog, you might get the impression that I am a stay at home Mom. However, I don't consider myself to be at home...I consider myself to be an in the car Mom! From grocery shopping, to errands, to pre-k drop offs and pick ups, from Girl Scouts to Cub Scouts, to church and church activities....we log a lot of time in our van!

I have learned many times the importance of being prepared. We have been on the road to school when a child admits to not eating breakfast. Or getting caught in a sudden downpour (we live on an island) and having no towel or anything to dry off with. We have been stuck without a diaper or missing some wipes. So I finally learned what is necessary for me to keep in the car. For those just in case times!

I used to keep my car kit in a rectangular bucket. However, it just took up to much room. I had a tote bag that wasn't being used and found that much easier to move and keep in the car. I was constantly taking my bucket out for the stroller or groceries etc. This is what I keep in mine. Hopefully it will help you think of things you could keep in yours!

**an extra outfit for my baby and 5 year old
**diapers
**wipes
**formula
**water
**clean bottle
**extra camera & batteries
**towel
**blanket
**umbrella
**first aid kit
**hair things for my daughter
** a Sharpie
**word searches & pencil
**sun screen
**bug spray
** wet ones
*snack ( I don't tell my kids what is in there because they will sneak to the car and eat it while they are outside playing!!)
**an extra memory card ( I have left mine in the computer a million times!)
**Double AA batteries

This all fits in the tote bag well and it is so nice to know that it is there if I need it!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

that's so nifty. I totally need to put one of these together for my son and us as well.

Kelly said...

Great idea! I always keep a bag in the summer that has swim clothes, sunscreen, water, etc but haven't thought to keep a better stocked bag all year.

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com