Tuesday, August 24, 2010

blech...




With Back to School comes sharing. The sharing of germs, colds...Ugh. However, my kids haven't gone back yet!! So how my daughter got a cold, and has shared it with the rest of us, I don't know! I have been feeling under the weather today.

These are the kinds of days that makes me grateful for a full pantry and stocked freezer!

Want a quick and easy way to get some meals in the freezer?

The next time chicken goes on sale, STOCK UP! Whatever kind your family normally eats (breasts,thighs, drumsticks...)

Using coupons and sales, stock up on salad dressings and marinades.

When you return from the store, grab some ziplocs. Put the chicken in a bag using salad dressing as a marinade. Get as much air out as you can (without letting the marinade spill out everywhere!). Toss it in the freezer AFTER you have labeled the bag.

Let it thaw in the fridge all day and then grill it, bake it, throw it on a George Foreman or other indoor grill...and there you go! Add some rice or potatoes, a salad and there you are! Your very own marinated chicken. Yummo!

Also please make sure to enter my GIVEAWAY!You can find all of the info here

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com