Thursday, August 5, 2010

Service Project

(My husband took this picture when he was serving in 2006. The weather is so hot and they wear so many clothes and gear. I can't imagine how hot it is.)



One of the blogs that I love to read, is The American Homemaker. Right now, she is looking for people who are willing to send care packages to a unit who is serving in Afghanistan.

While Ben was serving in Afghanistan, I sent him a huge care package every month. He also recieved pkgs, letters, emails and cards while there. Not just from me but from friends and family. While he may have had times where he felt lonely, he knew he was loved. With another deployment coming up way to fast, my heart and thoughts are with those who are overseas.

I know that there are many soldiers who are serving overseas who have no family support. It makes me so sad for them!

So, let's show them support! Stop by Angie's blog, and get all the info. These men and women can really use your support.

My family will be putting one together to get it sent out. It is a great way to teach our kids service.

**She also has an option to pay pal her and she can get a pkg out for you!

You can find all the info at The American Homemaker

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com