Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tangy Mustard Chicken




Sometimes the best recipes, are found on the back of product packaging! Have you ever made a recipe that you saw on the back of a box? I have and they usually end up being some of our favorites.

I was putting a bottle of mustard back in the fridge when I spied this recipe.

I liked that

1) it was quick & simple

2) I already had all the ingredients in my pantry stockpiles

3) it sounded yummy!

I doubled this recipe, since I had just bought a big ol' thing of chicken from Sam's club!

Tangy Mustard Chicken:
1/3 cup of prepared mustard
2/3 cup of prepared ranch dressing
1/4 cup of brown sugar
the recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 pieces). But I think it would work with just about any part of the chicken that you normally buy!

Mix marinade in large bowl. Add chicken to a ziploc bag, pour marinade on top. Squish (very proffesional word I know) the chicken and marinade so it covers all the chicken. You need to leave it in the marinade for at least 30 min.

From here you can either...
A. place it in the fridge, where it can be cooked the next day...or later at dinner.
or
B. get out as much of the air as you can, label your bag, and throw it in the freezer for a later date.



Dinner idea: chicken, rice, rolls, salad (or other green vegi).

If you make it let me know what you/your family think!

**I am linking this to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. You can find more wonderful recipes here

**Also, there are still 2 days left to enter my giveaway for Once a Month Cooking and Once a Month Cooking Family Favorites! You can find all of the info here

No comments:

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com