Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday



(My oldest boy)
The Weather in my neck of the woods:warm and sunny (it's So. Cal!)

Things that make me Happy:

hearing from my husband while he is gone

Books I am reading: It ain't all about the food by Paula Deen

What I am Enjoying on TV:
catching up on my DVR recordings! Watching Leverage

On the menu for tonight:teriyaki chicken, brocoli and rice


On my to do list:

Mt Washmore :( laundry always

New recipe I want to try soon: Spaghetti Carbonara from Mommy's Kitchen

In the craft basket:catching up on some scrapbooking (:

Looking forward to this week:my kids going to a 3 day scripture camp at church

Tips & Tricks:No matter how short you think a trip will be, be prepared. I have young children and so I make sure to have a few snacks, water bottles, diapers, wipes, books, etch a sketch etc. We were stuck in major traffic the other day and a one hour trip turned into a 3 hr!

My favorite blog post this week:I found a great blog on meal planning from Org. Junkie

Blog hopping ( a new blog I found):OK, I don't remember what it was called, but I will make sure I do it next week!

No words needed: (favorite photo)at the top:

Lesson learned in the past few days:this too shall pass!!

On my mind: My sweet husband. He is out on a military field exercise and it is over 90 degrees every day. I pray and worry about his safety and the safety of the men under his command.

scriptures &prayers or devotionals:Proverbs 31. How can I be the best wife and mother that I want to be? These always give me a boost!

1 comment:

annies home said...

Proverbs 31 is one of my favorites as well

Want to contact me?

Feel free to contact me at hecimommy@gmail.com